2017-18 Activities:Looking for something exciting for your child to do after school? We have a number of great opportunities!
- Chess (offered through Chessmates).
Tuesdays 3:30-4:30 p.m. in Room 3 (Sarah's room), January 23-April 17, grades K-5th. Cost is $65 for 12 weeks of class (no class March 13) and chess instruction. Each class includes 30 minutes of instruction and 30 minutes of playtime taught by an experienced chess coach.
Register and pay online through Chessmate's Google Form and PayPal. To find online registration form:
- Go to www.chessmatesfc.com
- Find Rivendell under "School Clubs"
- Print and fill out waiver form, then submit online registration and payment.
- Preschool and Kids Yoga.
Wednesdays from 3:20-4:20pm (ages 3-12) in the gym, children can participate in Kids Yoga. Kids learn safe stretching, deep breathing, relaxation, focus, and have fun! Space is limited to 10 children per session. To register, please contact Victoria Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-419-8520.
- Aug 30-Sept 27, 5 classes, $80
- Oct 4-Oct 25, 4 classes, $64 (no class Nov. 1 between sessions)
- Nov 8-Dec 20, 6 classes, $96
- Jan 10-Feb 14, 6 classes, $96
- Feb 21-April 4, 6 classes, $96 (no class Mar. 14)
- April 11-May 23, 6 classes, $96 (no class Apr. 18)
- Guitar Lessons. Half-hour lessons from 3-6 p.m. on Mondays and Thursdays for the entire Rivendell community (parents included!) First lesson only $10, succeeding lessons are $20. Parent and child lessons are $25. To register, contact Justin at 970-691-0255.
- Brenda's Reading Readiness.
This class helps students with letter/sound recognition as well as phonemes and rhyming words. Emerging readers will practice beginning, middle and ending sounds to reinforce decoding skills. Limit of six students, preschoolers age 4 to Younger Kids age 6, $60.
- Wednesdays 3:20-4:00, next session Jan. 17-Feb. 21
- Wonder Kids presents Tinker Tuesday with Kari.
Students will be given weekly demonstrations on tinkering possibilities along with materials to design and build their own inventions. Demonstrations and materials will include (but not limited to) take-a-parts, tool use, simple circuits, makey-makey, little bits, tape, glue, knots and more! All materials are included in the cost. The lab will serve as our very own maker space for children to Dream BIG and build it! Students will have the option to display their projects at Rivendell then take them home at the end of our 4 week session.
Tuesdays 3:20-5:00pm, age 7 and up (parents welcome to come tinker too!) in the science room. Limited to 10 participants, $90 per session:
- Session 2: January 9, 16, 23, 30
- Session 3: April 3, 10, 17, 24
Dance Classes. Students will learn rhythm, flexibility, confidence, dance technique and more. Taught by Alison, a Rivendell teacher who has taught dance for 13 years. Snack provided; class meets in the gym.
- Session 1: $80 for one student, $120 for two students. Jan. 8 to March 29, nine classes.
- Session 2: $70 for one student, $105 for two students. April 2 to May 24, 8 classes.
- Preschool (ages 3-4): Monday or Tuesday 3:15-4:15pm
- Younger Kids (ages 5-7): Monday 4:30-5:30pm or Thursday 3:30-4:30pm.
- Middle/Older Kids (ages 7-10): Tuesday 4:30-5:30pm