The fun and learning doesn't stop when school lets out! Various after-school activities and classes are offered throughout the year. From robots to yoga to music to chess, there is a class for you.
Students attending after school activities at Rivendell, should first check in to aftercare. Instructors will come to aftercare to check-out students for their activities. For activities beginning right after school at 3:30, you will not be charged an aftercare fee. Please remind your child to go to aftercare first if they have an after school activity.
Please note: All communication regarding after school activities (such as schedules, fees, etc.) is directly through the after-school activity provider (via email/phone listed below), not through Rivendell.
2017-18 Activities:Looking for something exciting for your child to do after school? There are a number of great opportunities!
- Chess (offered through Chessmates).
Tuesdays 3:30-4:30 p.m. in Room 3 (Sarah's room), January 23-April 17, grades K-5th. Cost is $65 for 12 weeks of class (no class March 13) and chess instruction. Each class includes 30 minutes of instruction and 30 minutes of playtime taught by an experienced chess coach.
Register and pay online through Chessmate's Google Form and PayPal. To find online registration form:
- Go to www.chessmatesfc.com
- Find Rivendell under "School Clubs"
- Print and fill out waiver form, then submit online registration and payment.
- Preschool and Kids Yoga.
Wednesdays from 3:20-4:20pm (ages 3-12) in the gym, children can participate in Kids Yoga. Kids learn safe stretching, deep breathing, relaxation, focus, and have fun! Space is limited to 10 children per session. To register, please contact Victoria Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-419-8520.
- Jan 10-Feb 14, 6 classes, $96
- Feb 21-April 4, 6 classes, $96 (no class Mar. 14)
- April 11-May 23, 6 classes, $96 (no class Apr. 18)
- Guitar Lessons. Half-hour lessons from 3-6 p.m. on Mondays and Thursdays for the entire Rivendell community (parents included!) First lesson only $10, succeeding lessons are $20. Parent and child lessons are $25. To register, contact Justin at 970-691-0255.
- Brenda's Reading Readiness.
This class helps students with letter/sound recognition as well as phonemes and rhyming words. Emerging readers will practice beginning, middle and ending sounds to reinforce decoding skills. Limit of six students, preschoolers age 4 to Younger Kids age 6, $60.
- Wednesdays 3:20-4:00, next session March 7-April 11
- Wonder Kids presents Maker Mondays with Kari.
Students will be given weekly demonstrations on tinkering possibilities along with materials to design and build their own inventions. Demonstrations and materials will include (but not limited to) take-a-parts, tool use, simple circuits, makey-makey, little bits, tape, glue, knots and more! All materials are included in the cost. The lab will serve as our very own maker space for children to Dream BIG and build it! Students will have the option to display their projects at Rivendell then take them home at the end of our 4 week session.
Tuesdays 3:20-5:00pm, age 7 and up (parents welcome to come tinker too!) in the science room. Limited to 10 participants, $90 per session:
- Session 2: January 8, 15, 22, 29
- Session 3: April 2, 9, 16, 23
- Mindfulness for Kids. The Mindfulness Workshop teaches kids how to calm themselves and stay in the moment. Victoria Clarke, certified yoga teacher and wellness coach, will be teaching breathing exercises and games, kid-friendly yoga, stress/anxiety/adhd management tools, plus emotional intelligence and compassion cultivation exercises. One workshop will be held for each age group
- Preschool, Friday Feb. 9, 3:00-3:30pm. $15
- Younger Kids, Friday Feb. 16, 3:20-4:00pm. $18
- Middle/Older Kids, Friday Feb. 23, 3:20-4:20pm. $19
Dance Classes. Students will learn rhythm, flexibility, confidence, dance technique and more. Taught by Alison, a Rivendell teacher who has taught dance for 13 years. Snack provided; class meets in the gym.
- Session 1: $80 for one student, $120 for two students. Jan. 8 to March 29, nine classes.
- Session 2: $70 for one student, $105 for two students. April 2 to May 24, 8 classes.
- Preschool (ages 3-4): Monday or Tuesday 3:15-4:15pm
- Younger Kids (ages 5-7): Monday 4:30-5:30pm or Thursday 3:30-4:30pm.
- Middle/Older Kids (ages 7-10): Tuesday 4:30-5:30pm