Rivendell’s Annual Fun Run is a special tradition where the community comes together to cheer on students as they run laps to raise money for our school. All the proceeds go directly into student-focused projects and materials. This year, the funds will go towards new classroom materials and classroom furniture. Over the years, we have celebrated through a variety of creative themes from “Step into Discovery” to “Walk on the Wild Side”. Our upcoming theme is “Fly Me to the Moon”. Over time, students have collected their Fun Run shirts as a memory to hold onto and also to show their Rivendell pride.
The way Fun Run works is students will collect pledges from friends, families, neighbors, or anyone who would like to contribute! The donor declares an amount they would like to donate per lap the student runs, or just a flat donation amount. Each child will have an estimate on how many laps they can run based on practicing in P.E. At the Fun Run, volunteers tally each lap on the students’ number bib as they pass by, so they can report back to the donors letting them know how many laps they ran and the total donation due.
After the Fun Run, students celebrate with snacks and popsicles. It’s a very special time to come together and remind our community of all the reasons we love Rivendell. Everyone’s support is greatly valued and makes a significant impact on our school. For more details, visit our Givesmart page: rivendellrun21.givesmart.com
Fun Run 2021 Schedule
Friday, October 1st:
- Older Kids: 9:00-9:30 am
- Middle Kids: 9:40-10:10 am
- Younger Kids: 10:20-10:50 am
- Preschool: 11:00-11:30 am
Covid-19 Safety Policy
- The Fun Run is an outdoor event.
- Parents and family members are welcome to gather around the track and watch their child's class run. Please only attend during the designated time.
- All attendees must wear masks.
- Students have the option to remove their masks while running but are asked to socially distance.