Carl Anderson states "…every conference is different." He does detail, however, the types of questions writing coaches might ask during conferences. The following list will give you a feel for the types of questions you might want to ask in writing conferences.
1. What do you think you'll write about?
2. Why did you choose that?
3. Where will you start?
1. What can I help you with today?
2. Do you have more than one story here?
3. What is the most important thing you're trying to say here?
4. Do all the parts of your story fit?
5. Can you tell me more about this?
6. This part isn't clear to me. Can you tell me what you mean?
7. Can you describe this for me?
8. What next ?
9. Are you happy with your lead/ending?
10. How does your lead grab your reader's attention?
11. Can you be more specific here?
12. Is this the best word here?
13. Can you think of a different way to say this?
14. What do you think you can do to make this draft better?
15. What works so well you'd like to try to develop it further?
16. What did you learn from this piece of writing?
17. Can you think of something you tried in this draft that you've never tried before?
18. How can I help you with this piece?