Welcome back for another school year! We have some exciting things planned for PE. In addition to getting ready for the Fun Run, we’ll be learning about and playing the following games and activities:
- Flying Discs: Ultimate, disc golf and more.
- The History of Football: How the “mob” game of 200 years ago turned into soccer, rugby and American football. We’ll play all three sports, exploring the changes in rules, differences and similarities over the past two centuries!
- Yoga: Not just poses but fun games as well.
- Nutrition: You really are what you eat.
- Track and Field: Running, jumping, and throwing, and Older Kids get the chance to participate in the Poudre Schools district track meet if they want.
- And as always, we’ll emphasize teamwork and good sportsmanship, fundamental athletic techniques, and for PS and YK, concepts of personal space and various types of locomotion.
Looking forward to lots of fun and games.