It is hard to believe that we are within days of saying goodbye to our preschoolers for the summer break. It has been an amazing year, filled with so many activities and memories. With that said, we have a fun filled two weeks ahead. Please be sure to note dates and time of all of the activities in the coming weeks so that you child doesn’t miss any of the activities.
Field Trip to Denver Zoo / Thursday / May 17th, 2018:
- The bus will be leaving the Rivendell School parking lot at 8:30am sharp! This will provide us ample time to travel to the zoo and ensure the most of our time during zoo hours. Please have you child to school no later than 8:15am on Thursday.
- Your child should wear their purple Rivendell shirt, wear closed -toed running shoes, and a fully disposable lunch with a snack.
- Please apply sunscreen to your child in the morning and have them use the bathroom prior to checking into class. There is a bathroom on the bus in case of emergencies on our travels.
Parent Pizza Picnic Portfolio Party / Friday / May 18th, 2018:
- We will be hosting a Parent Pizza Picnic Portfolio Party on Friday, May 18th at 11:30am. This is a wonderful time for the preschool families to gather one more time before the end of the year.
- Please have your child pack a regular lunch sans the main dish. The school will be providing pepperoni and cheese pizza for the main part of the meal.
- We will have enough pizza for the parents to join us as well. Please contact your classroom teacher to let them know how many parents will be joining us so that we can order the proper amount of pizza.
- Have your child bring a beach towel or picnic blanket. We will eat outside on the grass (weather permitting) or in the commons.
- At the end of our lunch, the teachers will be presenting the annual portfolios to the parents. These portfolios are a wonderful journey of your child’s year here at Rivendell. Portfolios will contain writing samples, art projects, journal pages, photos, and more.
Spring Program / Monday / May 21st, 2018:
- The Spring program will be held at University Center for Arts (the old Fort Collins High School). Students will need to arrive at 5:45 p.m. and the program will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m. Students will be greeted by their teachers and escorted back stage where their will be lining up for the program. We ask that once your student is with their teacher, that parents find a seat so that the program can start promptly at 6pm.
- The Spring program is an annual Rivendell tradition. Preschoolers (along with all of the other Rivendell students) will be on stage together. They will sing songs in both English and Spanish, take time to listen to the 5th graders deliver their graduation speeches, and watch the Rivendell slideshow.
- The students have been learning songs throughout the course of the year in music class as well as group sing. Some of the songs are sung in rounds, some are accompanied by students playing musical instruments, and some are specific to grade levels.
- Preschoolers will be on stage for approximately 30 – 40 minutes. There will be a pause in the program when the preschoolers exit the stage. At this time, you may chose to stay and watch the remainder of the program or exit quietly. If you do stay in the auditorium, we ask that you have your preschooler stay in their seats for the program. It can be very distracting to the students on stage to have children moving about the audience. We thank you for your cooperation and respect of the performers.
Field Day / Wednesday / May 23rd, 2013:
- The preschool students will be participating in Field Day from 1pm – 3pm on Wednesday, May 23rd.
- Please have your child wear close-toed running shoes as their will be a great deal of movement across many types of surfaces.
- There will be no nap / quiet time on Wednesday, May 23rd.
Walking Field Trip / Thursday / May 24th:
- The preschoolers will be walking to Edora Park at 9:00am and returning to school at 1:30pm.
- Please have your child wear their purple Rivendell shirt, close-toed running shoes, and pack a fully disposable lunch.
Last Day of School / Friday / May 25th:
- The students will be attending school for a half day on Friday, May 25th. Please make arrangements for your child to be picked up no later than 11:30am.
- The students will be watching the 5th grade graduation ceremony and having some free play on the playground during their few short hours on the half day.
- If your child will not be attending on the last day of school, please let their classroom teacher know.
***Please take home ALL of your students belongings (nap items, extra clothes, mailbox items, etc)on Thursday, May 24th*** Students will not need any of their personal items on the last day of school.
MEDICATION AT SCHOOL:
***If your child has medication here at school, it must be checked out with a teacher on the last day of school*** If your child is returning for summer school, you must bring the medication back to school on their first day of camp to be checking back into the summer program***