It is finally here!
For students, teachers, and families, the countdown probably began as soon as August 1st hit! The beginning of the school year is always exciting (and probably a little nerve wracking) for every student and their families. There are always things to look forward to: meeting new people, seeing old friends, playing new games, learning new things. There are also questions: who’s in my class, what teachers will I have, what will I do?
With our first few days accomplished, hopefully some of those questions have been answered! Many families came to the Rivendell Open House to see their new classrooms and meet their teachers. The first day of school was fantastic! The children explored the classroom, played inside and out, and were introduced to the daily routines and expectations. In the first week the preschoolers were introduced to all their teachers and their new classmates. The entire week was full of learning and growing for new students and returning students alike.
Students had the chance to meet Brenda, the Spanish teacher and Literacy specialist. They sang songs, counted, and were introduced to the basics in Spanish.
They also met Tina, the music and art teacher. They explored the art classroom and, later, learned new songs and games in music class! The preschoolers also had their first P.E. class! Jeff led the children in games focused on large motor movement and listening.
This upcoming week, our classes will meet Kari, the science teacher, as well as Jessica, the school counselor.
On Friday the entire school gathered on our playground to enjoy popsicles and each other’s company.
We have a wonderful year ahead of us in the Rivendell community, and we would love to hear from you!
When you can, have a conversation with your preschooler and ask them one thing that we would like to learn this year! We would love to hear their answers!
Here are some dates to keep in mind:
- Thursday, August 30th: Family Picnic and Food Truck Rally
- Beginning at 5:30 until 7:00 PM, families are encourage to come have dinner and chat with teachers and other families! You are welcome to pack your own dinner or purchase dinner from the food trucks.
- Monday September 3rd: No School! Labor Day
- Wednesday, September 5th: Parents Back to School Night
- From 6:00 to 8:00 PM, come and learn from your child’s teachers, what to expect from the upcoming school year. Keep an eye out in newsletters for the exact times of the grade level presentations.
- Friday, September 7th: RPA Meeting
- From 8:30 to 9:30 am, the Rivendell Parent Association will be meeting. Check it out if you are interested in volunteering at Rivendell!
If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us,
Your preschool team,
Alison, Christin, Dylan, and Lois