Here are some of the web sites we use in the Rivendell Technology classes for the various age levels.
- Boobah Zone: interactive non-text exploration game environment for learning to control the mouse.
- ABCya.com: Lots of games for various levels of ability. Many reinforce reading and math concepts as well as allowing kids to learn more navigation.
- Wildkratts: A PBS Kids site, based on the show, that has lots of great info on animals and habitat. We use this inconjunction with our topic units (this year, Deserts and Reptiles).
- Freetypinggame.net: Touch-typing games and lessons.
- This is Sand: One of their favorite art creation sites.
- Pixlr.com: A free, fully functional photo editing program.
OK will access many of the same sites as Middle Kids.