Monday, October 7, 2019
Younger Kids News
There are many important events happening here at Rivendell in October. We want to make sure you are aware of them!
- Parent/Teacher conferences are happening this Friday and next Friday here at Rivendell. If you haven’t already signed up for a conference time please talk to your child’s teacher to get a time scheduled. We look forward to meeting with you either this week or next!
- This Thursday, October 10, is Picture Day. Each child will have their photo snapped and ordering information will come home once the proofs are prepared.
- This Friday is the deadline for turning in those Fun Run donations. Be sure to drop those at the office at your earliest convenience. We will let you know about how our students did with meeting the incentive levels after we have our final numbers from the office!
- Next Friday, October 18, is our Fun Fest! We hope you can come and enjoy the festivities. Please keep an eye out for more details on this event in our Sunday e-newsletter.
- Thursday, October 31, is Halloween and we will be celebrating with an afternoon costume parade and party. Parent volunteers are often needed to help run the events of the party and are welcome to attend. There are more details to come soon on this fun event!
Along with all of these great events, we are also shifting our focus to a new unit of study, The Senses. We will be starting this week with an examination of one of the five basic senses, sight. Your children did a great job of demonstrating their learning about deserts, reptiles and Ancient Egypt last week as we completed a large final project. These have been collected and will be part of your child’s portfolio of work at the end of the year. The theme writings that your child completed have also been bound into a book. We will give these to you at our conference as part of our discussion about writing.
Get those warm snow clothes out and ready!
Seth, Annie and Dylan