Hello Parents of Younger Kids,
We wanted to remind you of some of the things that will look different on Monday.
- Drop off is between 8:00 and 8:30 AM in the front of the school. You will stay in your car and drive through the drop-off lane. Rivendell staff will be available to help your kids get out of the car if need be. You will stay parked while your child gets their temperature checked and a quick health screening. Once you get the okay from Rivendell staff, your child will be walked around to their outside classroom door and you may drive away. Parents are not allowed in the building. School starts promptly at 8:30 AM.
- If you would like your child to wear sunscreen, please put it on before they arrive at school.
- Please pack a morning snack for your child and an optional afternoon snack. It is helpful if this is separate from their lunch.
- All kids will need a water bottle, as they are not allowed to drink from our drinking fountains at this time. There will be places where they can fill up their water bottle as needed.
- There will not be hot lunch or milk this year, so each child will need to bring a packed lunch with an ice pack to keep things cold. We are not able to refrigerate or microwave food for kids so lunches need to be ready to eat.
- This year, we are allowing and encouraging Younger Kids to bring a stuffie to school that they can keep in their classroom cubby. They will be able to get their stuffie out at free choice times to play with. This can stay at school if you like during the week.
- All Rivendell kids and staff are required to wear masks. For Younger Kids, it is a good idea to provide an extra one in their backpack just in case. We will provide mask breaks throughout the day. When playing outside, kids are allowed to play mask free.
- Pick-up for Younger Kids is from 3:00 to 3:15 PM. You will need to park your car and come to your child’s outdoor classroom door. You do need to wear a mask at this time. We will have your child all ready to go with their things and we’ll send them out the door to you. There is a $25 late fee if you pick up your child after 3:30 PM. Below is a video introduction to our class that will show you where your child’s classroom door is located.
We know that this year will look different for you and your child. We also know that it will be wonderful for all of us to be together in person to see returning friends and make new friends. Below is a video tour of our classroom to watch with your child. We can’t wait to see your child on Monday morning!
Annie & Dylan