General Policies and Financials
School and Classroom Closures:
It is the Larimer County Health Department’s intention to keep classrooms open whenever possible and to avoid quarantining a whole class for one positive COVID-19 case. However, whole class quarantine may be required if an outbreak status is reached.
What are COVID-19 Symptoms?
COVID-19 symptoms include: runny nose or congestion, cough, muscle or body aches, headache, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, a fever of 100.4 or feeling feverish, chills, loss of taste or smell, and shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
What if my student tests negative for COVID-19?
- If a student tests negative, but has a fever, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or cough, then the student should still stay home until symptoms have been resolved for at least 24 hours without medication.
- If a student tests negative, but has a sore throat, runny nose/congestion, muscle or body aches, headache, fatigue, new loss of taste or smell, then the student can return as long as all symptoms are improving and cough, shortness of breath, fever, diarrhea and vomiting have fully resolved.
If a student tests positive or chooses not to test, they must follow the State of Colorado and Larimer County health department’s isolation guidelines. If a student test positive, please email Kara right away: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff will not be doing daily health screenings before entering the building but ask that families establish the routine of doing their own daily health screenings at home. If your student has any symptoms, we ask that you please keep them home and monitor them to help reduce the spread of all illnesses.
- All students are welcome to be dropped off at the front doors (except for preschoolers who need to be signed in and out).
- All families are welcome to accompany their students inside for pick up and drop off.
- Drop-off is from 8:00 to 8:30 a.m. each day.
- Pick-up for Preschool 3:00 to 3:20 p.m. Preschoolers must be picked up inside the building by an authorized pick up person.
- Pick-up for Younger, Middle and Older Kids is at 3:20
- All students must be picked up by 3:30 p.m. After 3:30 p.m. students will be automatically checked in to our after care program. Aftercare is $6.00 per hour.
- Students may be picked up in front of the building in the pick up lane (except for preschoolers who need to be signed in and out). Please stay in your car in the pick up lane and a staff member will assist your child with getting in your car.
- All families are also welcome to come into the Rivendell Commons to wait for their students at the end of the day. Please do not wait outside the classroom doors.
- Students not picked up by 3:30 will be checked into after care. After care will be mixing classroom cohorts this year and should be considered a higher-risk activity.