General Policies and Financials
School and Classroom Closures:
At this point, it is not the Larimer County Health Department’s intention to quarantine a whole class if there is one positive case. They will still conduct a case investigation and may choose at that point to ask students to be quarantined. Mask wearing significantly reduces the chance of individual and whole class quarantine.
- Students and parents will be required to wear masks during drop-off and pick-up times.
- Staff will not be doing daily health screenings before entering the building but ask that families establish the routine of doing their own daily health screenings at home. If your student has any symptoms, we ask that you please keep them home and monitor them to help reduce the spread of all illnesses.
- All students are welcome to be dropped off at the front doors (except for preschoolers who need to be signed in and out).
- All families are welcome to accompany their students inside for pick up and drop off but will be required to wear a mask at all times regardless of vaccination status. Due to the high-risk nature of this time and the limited social distancing opportunities in the school’s common spaces, if you choose to accompany your student into the building we ask that you limit the time spent dropping off. If you would like to visit with other Rivendell families we ask that you please do so in the parking lot.
- Drop-off is from 8:00 to 8:30 a.m. each day.
- Pick-up for Preschool 3:00 to 3:20 p.m. Preschoolers must be picked up inside the building therefore all authorized pick up people must wear a mask at this time.
- Pick-up for Younger, Middle and Older Kids is at 3:20
- Students and parents are required to wear face masks at all times during inside pick-up regardless of vaccination status.
- All students must be picked up by 3:30 p.m. After 3:30 p.m. students will be automatically checked in to our after care program. Aftercare is $6.00 per hour.
- Students may be picked up in front of the building in the pick up lane (except for preschoolers who need to be signed in and out). Please stay in your car in the pick up lane and a staff member will assist your child with getting in your car.
- All families are also welcome to come into the Rivendell Commons to wait for their students at the end of the day. Please do not wait outside the classroom doors. Due to the high-risk nature of this time and the limited social distancing opportunities in the school’s common spaces, if you choose to pick up your child inside, we ask that you limit the time spent in the building. If you would like to visit with other Rivendell families we ask that you please do so in the parking lot.
- Students not picked up by 3:30 will be checked into after care. After care will be mixing classroom cohorts this year and could be considered a high-risk activity.
- Students participating in after care activities outside on the playground will not be required to wear a mask.
- Students participating in after care activities inside will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- All parents and guardians picking up from after care will be required to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.